Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Clear Head

I was told I need be sure to embrace and celebrate every milestone and that first milestone came yesterday, via a clean MRI of my brain. The cancer has traveled many places in me, but thankfully the brain is not one of them.
Next stop, chemotherapy (with a few small steps on the way). I am currently scheduled for four cycles of BEP (Bleomycin-Etoposide-Cisplatin). Before I can start there are just a handful of tasks to take care of first, they include;
  • Hearing test
  • Pulmonary function test
  • Bone scan
  • Pre-surgical consult
  • Mediport insertion
  • Chemotherapy school (a one on one walk through the treatment rooms and procedures to prepare me for cycle one)
Thankfully, I have a really great Oncology Nurse Case Manager that put together a very detailed to do list for me that listed the contact number for every department I needed to visit to schedule these as well as a date that everything needed to be completed by. In addition to all the great support from family and friends a really good medical team is making this process so much smoother and less stressful.

2 comments:

  1. Parker and I say a prayer for you every night. I am sure this is a scary and daunting task you are facing! Treat it like one huge to do list. Focus on one item at a time then check it off. You will beat this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, it is definitkey a daunting task but I am taking it a step at a time.

    ReplyDelete